I can't believe school is two weeks away! We are working hard to get campus ready for the start of the year and are excited to welcome our teachers back soon. Please take a few minutes to read the following back to school information and construction updates.
- School starts August 16th! Your teacher placement will be shared on Friday, August 12th through Parent Square. We will not be posting paper copies of classes this year on campus.
- We will hold a teacher meet and greet on August 15th from 1-2 PM. If you are able to attend, please plan on bringing your supplies during this time. If you are unable to attend, no problem! Your teacher will clearly communicate the process for the first day of school.
- Attached is our bell schedule for the 2022-23 school year. We are excited that this new schedule will bring a designated P.E., Art, and Library teacher to our campus! More details about our new staff members will be shared before the start of the school year.
- Due to the new schedule, gates will now open at 7:40 AM.
- Kindergarten will have early dismissal at 10:55 AM Tuesday, August 16th-Friday, August 19th.
- Attached is the MHUSD school calendar for the year. This has been recently updated so make sure to take a look.
- Construction on our new front office is moving along! We look forward to transitioning into the new building January 1st, but in the meantime, we appreciate everyone's flexibility as we have moved the office into a temporary space in room 2. This classroom is located between the new buildings and the old office and is accessible from the front of the school. The space is also clearly marked with a banner and a sign. Fences have been securely installed to keep staff and students out of the construction zone and the construction team off of our campus during school hours.
- Due to construction, our center gate is no longer accessible. Instead, we ask families to enter campus either from Nordstrom Park, to the right of the temporary office (near the 4th & 5th grade buildings), or to the left of the current construction site (near the kindergarten playground). We will have staff out to help direct you on campus, especially the first few weeks of school. We strongly encourage families to carpool or park during the next few months as we anticipate extra congestion in our parking lot.
- Please take a minute and confirm your information in Aeries. This link provides a step-by-step guide on how to complete this process. After verifying all information, it will prompt you to print a form. Please print, sign and turn it into your teacher on the first day of school.
That's all for now : ) Looking forward to a wonderful school year!
Breanna Cull Garner Green
Principal Assistant Principal