Nordstrom School was named in honor of Gus H. Nordstrom, a former school board member and community activist who saw schools as instruments for social change. His legacy continues today with our student council’s commitment to community service. The physical environment and philosophical approach have significantly evolved since Nordstrom opened its doors in 1959. Originally a Grade 1-8 school, in 1977 Nordstrom became a K-6 school. Today our campus includes the original two structures, three additional permanent buildings and nine portables.
Copyright © 2018 | Nordstrom Elementary School